-
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Doing II
I don't have any pictures, but I thought I would share what I "did" yesterday. A while ago I stumbled across a blog called the refashionista. She buys clothes at her bulk Goodwill often for a dollar or less and then remakes them. She had a goal to buy no new clothes last year (since she broke up with her boyfriend and had to get her own place) and to remake something each day. She buys things that are often to big but she likes the print, color or whatever. She will dye the clothes and/or cut them down to re purpose them. Some of her things are really great but are things I couldn't wear since she turns a lot of things sleeveless. So, with that in mind I bought a shirt I liked at Goodwill for a dollar, but it was to big. It's been hanging on the end of my bed for like two weeks. Yesterday I saw it and thought yep today! I got out my sucky sewing machine and sewed up two of Morgans jeans that she tore and then I put on the shirt inside out and had Del pin it close to my body. Then I just sewed new side seems, cut out the bulk and it fits and looks great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment