We went backpacking over the weekend to West Clear Creek and the only pictures Del and I took were of the flora and fauna. Isn't that sad. I didn't take a single picture of either one of my handsome young men.
I saw the smallest scorpion ever. It was maybe 1/2 an inch long. We also saw a rattle snake, butterflies, lizards, and another small green snake.
I got a ton of bug bites (like in the range of 20 to 25) which several of are still quite itchy. Del who VERY rarely gets bitten got 4 or 5. Now that I think about it I don't think he has had a single bug bite in YEARS. No fair right? Well, he was moaning and complaining about how itchy they are and I was secretly laughing inside, because I'm the one who always gets bitten.
There were a bunch of really cool mushrooms around our campsite though. Dillon asked if we could eat them! He's fourteen!! Doesn't he know most mushrooms are deadly? After I explained that to him he stayed away from them and was concerned for me when I was taking pictures of them because I was so close and could breathe in their spores.




1 comment:
Dillon is too sweet! love the pictures.
Post a Comment