A couple of weeks ago on Pinterest I saw donuts made from store bought biscuits. I thought hmmm yummy and since I almost always have those in my fridge I could make them with only a little effort. So, today I did.
I just used an apple corer and a 2 liter soda lid to punch the centers out of my donuts.
In the picture on Pinterest the donuts were just covered in sugar and cinnamon so that is what I was doing. Only after I cooked the first batch I thought why am I not dipping these in that yummy caramel frosting recipe I have?
I had to put the brakes on and turn everything off while I made the frosting.
I could just drink this mixture without even adding the powdered sugar. It's that good, if you like sweet caramel tasting stuff!
If you don't have a good recipe this one is most delicious!! 1/2 cup butter or marg., 1c. brown sugar, 1/4c. milk, 2 1/2c. powdered sugar. Melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar. Stir until it boils. Continue stirring and let boil for 2 minutes. Add the milk. Keep stirring until it comes to a boil again. Remove from heat. Let cool. Add powdered sugar beating well after each addition. ( I made an ice bath to cool it faster since I was impatient to get back to making the donuts. This frosting tastes really good on chocolate cake as well.)
Coating the donut in sugar and cinnamon.
Dipping a donut in the caramel frosting.
And finally the finished project! They tasted so good!! Hope you all have a great day! Love, Monica




1 comment:
They look so yummy!
Post a Comment