Tuesday, October 7, 2008

To blah or not to blah!





My life has been so blah lately you'd think I would do something about that, but I haven't yet. I don't know if I 'll ever be able to get over the blahs and what keeps me from trying. I guess if I can write about it maybe some changes will be forth coming. IDK!!


Well, I've been thinking about getting a part time retail evening/weekend job. I was in Sears the other day and thought I could work here, and be seasonal help for the next few months. I could earn some money for Christmas. Wouldn't that be great!! I 'm not sure if I did get another job it would work out all that well, but it would only be for a couple of months. My job as a Lunch Lady has been going very well. I just finished my two week rotation at the salad bar. Thank Goodness! It's not hard, but you sure are busy keeping the bar looking nice and refilling everything. Boy those kids can be pigs! I like the ladies I work with. They are all very nice and a couple of them talk about everything and anything, but it is fun and I get paid. Plus, I don't have to think about it while I'm at home. Donna, Terry and I are on a team with six other ladies from two other schools in our district. We are competing in a contest called EatsmartGetmoving against other lunch ladies across the nation. It's a nutritional plan where you have to eat a certain number of dairy, whole grains, fruit and vegetables each day. You also have to exercise everyday. The program runs for the whole school year and is divided up into four phases. The first phase you only have to eat 2 dairy, 2 fruit/vegetables, 1 whole grain , and exercise for 20 minutes. The number of items you have to eat increases with each new phase until we are eating the recommended number for each item . We also work up to exercising an hour each day. I'm really excited about it! First, I can still eat whatever I want. Second, I have the ladies I work with and ladies I don't even know depending on me to do my part. After turning in our points for the first two weeks our team was in the lead! ( only within our district, not national. Our points don't get turned in to Getsmartgetmoving until the end of the first phase.) I have lost five pounds! So that's good. I do need to be more consistent with my exercising though. At the end of the contest you could even win prizes if your team does well.


I got a new calling at church last week. I got called to be the Activity Day leader. I think it will be fun and I am really looking forward to being released from teaching primary since I have been doing it for-e-ver. ( think about the movie The Sandlot when the boy says for-e-ver) I'm excited to get to go to Sunday School and Relief Society.


I recently saw a cool professional picture of a families legs from the knees down. They were wearing jeans and had bare feet. So after church last week I made my family put on jeans so I could take some pics of our legs and feet. It was a little bit of a chore because Dillon was not that into it and I was having difficulty setting up the camera. I had to place it just right or it would tip over ( it was on the tripod on a brick in my front yard). Then I had to run and get in the picture. They didn't turn out that well and we decided they needed to show less leg. So, Del tried to set it up by balancing it on the blue recycle garbage can and then he broke one of the legs off of the tripod. We decided we need to go to Grandma's house and have her take them with her fancy shmancy Nikon camera. I hope we do it soon. Anyways, even though they are kinda sucky here they are.

Love you all, xxoo Monica


P.S. My photos are taking forever to load argh!! I want to be done. A while later... It took like an hour and fifteen minutes to load.

2 comments:

DS at the well said...

I like you pictures and I'm sorry that you are feeling blah. BUT IT IS GETTING COOLER!!!! We'll be able to go out walking or hiking without suffering heat stroke. Thanks for posting again! Love mom

Amazed said...

I love how you always keep it real! And I laughed when I read about Denver not being "into" the photo shoot...because when I first saw the picture, I thought "he's soooo not into the photo shoot!" Kids! Anyway, good luck with the eating right/exercising thing. It always makes you feel better! Keep blahing....it makes me smile!