Monday, October 20, 2008

O hell I mean hello,
Where does the time go? Idk! We had our primary program yesterday at church. The kids sang the best ever!! It was great! The program was wonderful. I hope our children have really grasped the concept that they are children of God. I love this quote from Boyd K. Packer "Spiritually you are of noble birth... However many generations in your mortal ancestry, no matter what race or people you represent, the pedigree of your spirit can be written on a single line. You are a child of God." If we just accept that and then reach out we can be, do and have all of our righteous desires.
We just finished our fall break and I went back to work today, which went well, for me anyways. One of the ladies was working as our unit leader (cooking the food) because, she has worked as a cook in a school cafeteria before. Meanwhile she was waiting to take her serve safe exam so she would be official. Well, she got her results over the break and she didn't pass. Our supervisor let her know that because she didn't pass, they were going to transfer her to another school where she would work as a helper. Now they are transferring a new unit leader to our school to replace her. She was not happy. She didn't want to transfer to a new school so she is quitting. Her last day will be Wednesday. We are going to have an early birthday party for her that day. I am sorry she is leaving and feel bad that she wasn't willing to accept the change. At least she could have tried it out before quiting. Maybe she would've loved it. Oh well, I hope she is happy!

I've still been thinking about getting another part time job. Well, mostly thinking about the money and what I would spend it on (like Christmas presents). The thought of working in a department store is appealing to me. I'll keep you posted. It's funny though that I haven't worked outside the home for the last two years and now I want two jobs? What am I thinking?
Love to all, xxoo Monica

3 comments:

Tobin and Trista Hale said...

Monica! Wow two jobs... its rough! Let me tell you! I'm working two jobs, and its beast! I'm working at a department store in the Mall...its pretty fun! (I'm not thinking it will be during the holidays though).

DS at the well said...

So happy to read your post. It seems that since I have to work every other Sunday I don't get to see you as much. Love you. Mom

La Familia Aguilar said...

So sorry that you couldn't come and visit on your fall break. We are doing our primary program on Sunday and I hope it goes as well as yours. Miss you tons, Love you more!