Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm all ITCHY!!

Del and Denver both came home from camping over Labor Day weekend with poison ivy. I have been feeling very smug, because I didn't. However, I woke up on Tuesday with what I hoped was a bug bite on my leg, but it was oozing some clear liquid, and was very itchy. I put on some hydrocortisone and hoped for the best. It didn't look any worse that night so, I thought I was all good! Wednesday morning I woke up and my whole body was itchy. I started to get a little freaked out, and was wondering if I was just having a little hypochondriac moment, but alas, I was not. I do have a horribly itchy rash ALL over my body!! I'm not sure it is poison ivy because how could I get it all over my back and chest? I did not go around in the buff! Plus, it hasn't blistered like Del's or Denver's ( yet anyways). So, if it's not poison ivy what could it be? I haven't changed soap's or done anything weird. I have been washing a lot of dishes at work. Maybe I'm allergic to that! Ha ha, I was wondering if it could be the sanitizer we use, but then wouldn't the rash be on my arms and not all over my trunk? I don't know. I do know that I have a red splotchy rash and it ITCHES a lot.

On 9-11 I sat in front of the TV and watched in utter shock and horror as the Twin Towers burned, and ultimately collapsed killing thousands of people. I can hardly believe that there are people so wicked and misled in this world, that they would think they would be blessed for killing any of God's children. Can't we all follow God's command and Love One Another? Or at least tolerate each other, and let us live as we choose? I am thankful that I live in this great country and have the freedom to choose how to live my life. I hope that my choices do not negatively effect those around me. In the book Putting on the Armor of God by Steven A. Cramer he talks about how Satan works, and how he puts thoughts into our heads. I think it's important to remember that Satan was Lucifer, Son Of the Morning, our cherished elder brother. He led away one third of the host of heaven. He knows us! He knows our wants and desires, and he will do anything to derail us from the straight and narrow path. He wants us to fail. He whispers doubts and fears into our minds. He throws road blocks in our way. We need to learn how to recognize him so we can repel him. We need to be strong, and not allow him any power over us. I'm thankful for all the hero's of 9-11. I know there are a lot of good people out there resisting temptation, and trying to live righteously. Are you one of them? I hope so! xxoo Monica

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, I was bummed when I realized I had poison ivy. I even wish I was one of the poeple that did not get it. I feel bad that you are itchy, and I am willing to do all that I can to provide you with comfort. But it was a fun adventure, right?!

DS at the well said...

I'm sorry that you are so uncomfortable and even worse that you don't know yet what it is from! I hope it clears quickly and heals completely!! Thank you for your 9-11 remembrance post. I enjoyed reading it. Love mom

Unknown said...

Sorry you are itchy! It was nice to read your testimony. I look forward to hanging out with your family soon!

La Familia Aguilar said...

Hey Sister,
I finally got the internet connected and can write you a comment. You could still have poison ivy. The oils are really hard to wash off and Del could have spread them on the sheets. Some people are so allergic that even being near the plant without touching it causes them to break out. You might want to try washing your sheets a couple of times with an extra rinse. Look at all the interesting things I am learning about now that I live in Texas!!!! (My neighbor had poison ivy all over her house, she thought it was just a nice vine until she started to cut it back!!)

Amazed said...

Loved your spiritual thoughts at the end. I guess sin is like your "maybe" poison ivy....it may seem harmless but then it grabs you! I've just spent some time reading your older posts and always love all your thoughts. And I loved even your reject pictures!