I don't usually make new year resolutions because I think it's a little silly to try to change your life just because it's a new year! We should be thinking it's a new day and a new year everyday and set our goals accordingly. Of course, it's just as hard to follow through but we (or guess I mean me) should try anyways and hopefully we'll (I'll) get better at it!
Del and I have both been released from our Sunday callings. So yesterday we decided to ditch church and go on a picnic. We have this great book called Explore Arizona by Rick Harris (he has another one called Discover Arizona as well) which Del spent forever looking through trying to find somewhere fun and close to go to. By the time he chose a place to go to which were some ruins near Jerome it was already 12:30. I was like we don't have time to drive there and find the ruins before it's dark. Plus, Del and I have had these books since we were first married and we have done a lot of the destinations and finding the location of the ruins, marble quarry, cave, or whatever could often be difficult because things have changed and I think the author had been drinking most of the time when he went to these locations so his directions are kind of iffy. Then Del was all mad since no one was helping him and we didn't know where we were going. Anyways we left without a destination in mind. Except for the store where we bought fried chicken and potato salad for lunch. We hit the freeway and just started to drive. We ended up at Table Mesa Road and went east which dead ended after about a mile with State Trust Land which your not allowed to be on without a permit. So we turned around and went west of the freeway. There were a ton of people over there riding there dirt bikes, quads, and shooting guns. After driving a couple of miles we actually found a hiking trail called Black Canyon Trail so after eating we started out along the trail. We hiked a little way and we found a pile of old cans and a couple of jars. I was excited because I have a farm kitchen with black and white tile floor, two red walls and two walls papered in apple trees and cows. Anyways, on top of my cabinets I put these found items; tin cans, jars, an old rusted canteen, old spoons etc. I think it's fun because I am cleaning up where ever we go and I get a kick out of displaying these rusty things in my kitchen. After picking up several items we continued on our way. We had a nice hike and Del thought we might like to go backpacking out there because there was a creek near where we were hiking. I had an especially nice time because Morgan and I were in the back and she was filling me in on her life and telling me about how she wants to redo her bedroom for her birthday (which is February 3rd) with red walls, black trim, and black furniture with some white accents. I guess painting will be in my near future. She wanted to do stripes again but I vetoed that since I've been there and done that! No thanks, painting stripes suck. All in all we had a really fun time. Monica xoxo




2 comments:
Love how the new tin looks in your kitchen. If we move back to AZ you have to help me decorate! I have wanted to chat with you for a while but every time I think of calling you I know your working. Love Ya Aimee
I think that the tins look really good! Well, that was some adventure. Glad that you got to reconnect with Morgan. I love you.
Post a Comment