Today I had jury duty. The first case was expected to last for two weeks so they did a prescreening. Thankfully I was not selected for that trial!! I did get called for the third case's jury selection and I was number one. So, I thought I would be on the jury for sure. The judge started by telling us what the case was about (transporting marijuana) and then preceded to ask us qualifying questions about the people involved, Phx. police, and of course how we felt about marijuana. Did we think it should be legal to posses, to sale, to transport ect. I am amazed at how many people were directly related to someone who used and or had been convicted of possession, sale, or transportation of the drug. Several people themselves had been convicted! I was wondering how they could be there serving. I guess they weren't felonies. We got dismissed for lunch at 11:30 when we returned at 1:30 we were seated and then we waited and waited. I was hoping they were discussing a plea deal. They were! The judge came back in and told us the defendant had pled guilty and took a deal. So we were dismissed!! Juror number two was a very friendly some what older guy ( in his sixties maybe) retired from the military. He worked in the Pentagon but retired on September 1, 2001 so he just missed the bombing there on the 11th!! I was happy to go today because I didn't have to serve or clean up the jello I made at work yesterday. Think bouncy slippery lime green jello and 600 children who serve themselves at the salad bar! Messy!! Even though I was not very excited about having to serve (missing work, making arrangements for the kids, deciding some one's fate) I was kind of relived/disappointed I didn't get to serve.
I can hardly believe it's almost Christmas and that the year is almost gone. Where does the time go? When I was a kid it seemed like it took forever to get to my birthday/Christmas/school to end or start and now I blink my eyes and it has come and gone. My kids are growing so fast. In just a few short years Morgan will hopefully be moving out to go to school ( not to get married). She is almost 15!! In another year she'll be driving and dating. That is so scary. In the last couple of months Denver has over taken Morgan in height, has started growing arm pit hair, and broken out with some acne. He is 13. Morgan was pretty much done growing at 13 (she has only grown a smidge this last year) while Denver is just starting to shoot up. I wonder how tall he'll be. Dillon is still my baby at 10 years old although he to is getting so big. His feet are as big as mine already! This is his last year at the grade school. Next year he will be at the junior high ugh! I think one of my sisters should have a baby soon so I'll remember how sweet, innocent, and cuddly my kids were before they hit their teen and preteen years!! Hop to it Holly and Susie! xoxo Monica
PS. The feet are Monica's, Denver's, and Dillon's




4 comments:
Hey Sissy,
So nice to hear from you. Vicente has to go to jury duty on the 8th. We are hoping that he doesn't get chosen because we need him to work and earn us some Christmas money!!!
Miss you tons. Love the feet.
Danelle
Glad you missed out on cleaning up jello! Doesn't sound like fun. Well Monica, you are going to have to wait a while to have another baby in the family. It will not be anytime soon! Ha!Ha!
Hey there Monica! wow jury duty doesn't sound like fun at all! I hope I dont have to do it anytime soon! :D ....Holly, maybe I'll have one soon! ;) (Danelle, do you have a blog, every time I click on your name..I get nowhere?!)
Monica, can I just say Denver is going to hate you someday that you told the world he was getting armpit hair! But it certainly made me laugh!
Tanner just got a jury summons...hopefully they will let him off to get married and honeymoon! That sounds like a pretty good excuse to me. I'm sooo not into jury duty. I've done it 3 times and IT WAS ENOUGH! But it does sound funner than green jello....
Post a Comment