Hey everyone! I hope you are all well. I am doing great! We were gone all weekend to Bear Canyon Lake for a Ring Family reunion. Which was really fun! We didn't catch any fish but that's ok. We played badminton, coob (a Swedish lawn game sorry I don't know how to spell it), and cards. We roasted marshmallows and toasted our bodies by the fire. We told jokes and stories, we laughed and we cried ( ok so it was only the babies who cried) and we ate or food under the big white circus tent! Denver caught a Horny Toad which I 've always loved because we used to catch them at my Aunt Dolly's house. He also caught a garter snake which he brought home with him. Yuck! He used his birthday money from Grandma to buy a tank and supplies for it so, I guess we have a new pet.
I had been anxiously awaiting the release of Breaking Dawn which came out on Saturday but we were camping so I could not go buy it until Sunday and since I was so tired I let Morgan start it first. Of course, she stayed up half the night reading it so in the morning I went and stole it from her room and read all morning and part of the afternoon until she woke up and begged for it back. I did finish it last night though. I really liked it and I wont say any more in case you haven't read or finished it yet.
On the way home from the lake we were listening to the radio and they were giving away UB40 tickets I called in and didn't get through, but then later they were giving away another set. I called in and was caller 14 but I kept calling and I won!! So Del and I went and picked the tickets up yesterday and we are going to the concert on Friday! I think it should be a lot of fun. I only know their music from the 80's, so I hope they sing all of that.
I also got a call back from the School District and it looks like I'll be working at Lookout Mountain in the kitchen. It's only 4 hours a day so I hope to move up to cashier soon or I'll just keep looking for something else. I really want to work at the school though, so I can be home when the kids are. I guess will see what happens. xxoo Monica




1 comment:
It sounds like you had lots of fun. How cool that you won!!! I am ready for another post.
Love you
Post a Comment