Each week at Goodwill they have one color tag that will be half price. On Thursdays, here in Phoenix, anything with that color tag is one dollar. This week the half price color was pink. So, today I was on the look out for pink tags. (On Friday a new color will be half price and the cycle will start over.) I try to go to Goodwill every Thursday and every half price Saturday. Which is twice a month. I like to think of it as a treasure hunt. I try to only look for things with a pink tag and not be tempted to buy anything else. I usually can find several things I like. Today I got these pictured items for ONE dollar each. I don't know why I happened to only find jackets today. I found two others as well but the were a little small so I didn't buy them. One was a super cute fitted jean jacket with pink trim that I was tempted to get anyways, but Morgan and Del vetoed it. The other one was a black wool like fitted one.
My jeans I found at Goodwill on a different Thursday for one dollar. My yellow soda flip flops are from Goodwill as well. I did pay three or four dollars for those though. My earrings I bought at a yard sale a couple of years ago. They are sterling silver flowers. I paid a dollar for them. I did buy my t shirt brand new but it was on clearance for just a couple of dollars. The purple jacket is by Danny & Nicole. Whoever that is idk.
I love this red plaid jacket with it's big red buttons. It's by Christopher & Banks. I have been wanting to start dressing a little cuter. Like when you see those fashion layouts on pinterest that show you a whole outfit. So, lately when I go to Goodwill I have been keeping those outfits I like in mind and trying to find pieces that I can use to make one similar. I think I need A LOT more cute shoes though. I almost exclusive wear some type of flip flop. I need flats in a bunch of different colors, and some fun wedges, and some cute highheels and, some sling backs, and I think you get the picture.
This blue and white striped jacket is also by Christopher & Banks. I love the three quarter sleeves on both of these two jackets. The first picture is to show you the difference that can be made in body size with creative posing and a higher angle picture. Fatter, skinnier, fatter, skinnier!
I like this top because it has a light green to yellow to cream gradation of color. Plus I thought I looked cute in it.
This top is a J*Jill. It's a size medium/large. I think I am going to try my hand at tailoring it a little bit. I'll post another pic of it if I like how it turns out.
Since I've been shopping for my clothes at thrift stores for the last ten years I about choke and die when I go into a clothing store and see how much clothes cost. A while back I got a coupon for Fashion Bug. Ten dollars off a twenty dollar or more purchase. I was like SWEET I can get a cute new top for ten dollars. No, you can't. Their shirts that weren't t-shirts were thirty and forty dollars a piece and the t-shirts were twenty dollars. Yuck! I was about to leave without getting anything because I wasn't going to nor did I have that much money to spend on a top, but I thought I'd ask the sales clerk if they had any sales and she said well yes I do belive these t-shirts right here are on sale buy one get one free. So, I got two t-shirts for ten bucks. Which I didn't feel too bad about at all, but I really had wanted to get something that wasn't a t-shirt since that's about all I all ready own. Thank you Morgan for taking all the pictures. Love, Monica xoxo




3 comments:
Cute Cute Cute! By the way your lookin smokin hot what size r u now?
I'm still in a sixteen. I haven't really lost anymore weight. Lately I have been so snacky. I don't know what's up with that. I bought some halloween candy so I have been eating that and not doing very well.
It's a new year. Are you doing better? Do you want to do a weekly weigh in with Aimee and me?
Post a Comment