Last weekend Del and I went to Cliff Castle Casino in Camp Verde for a poker run/motorcycle show. We had a total blast! The weather was beautiful! We got there at about 8am on Saturday and promptly registered for the poker run because they were awarding four big money prizes to the two highest and two lowest hands. One of each to the drivers and one of each to the passengers with those hands. The high hand was worth three thousand dollars and the low hand worth two thousand dollars. I, as the passenger, had much better odds of winning since there were a lot fewer of us then drivers, but I still didn't win! We got our poker run cards and chose our first number to be punched 1 through 52. I chose 27 and then we were off!
We started our ride by driving up I-17 to Munds Park where we stopped to get our poker cards punched. I chose number 9 and then we continued on up the 17 until the Lake Mary exit. We drove along Lake Mary to Mormon Lake where we stopped and got our third punch I chose 49. We bought snacks in the little store and walked a round for a bit to rest our rear ends. Then we hopped back on the bike and headed down the 87 to Mustang gas, in Happy Jack, for our fourth punch. I chose 22 and while there we got to see the mobile elk dressing/processing(?) trailer and they were skinning an elk! I told Mr. Ring to take a picture to show the kids but he didn't want to so, you all don't get to see it either! We then headed back into Camp Verde to get our fifth and final punch on our cards. I chose 33. Boy was my bum tired of sitting by then. We stopped and ate at Taco Bell for lunch before going to the casino to turn our cards in and get our coupons for 10 dollars cash from the casino.
We walked around and looked at the motorcycles and the retail booths while we waited for them to post the cards. Each card had been assigned to a number and that was how you got your hand. We looked at the numbers and cards and I saw I had nothing but total crap and Del had a pair of eights. I really wanted to win but it was not to be. The high card driver winner had four kings and the passenger winner had a flush ace high. The low card winners all had ace to six and there was a three way tie for the passengers. I think they probably had to split the pot so that was a bummer, but 666 dollars would still have been nice.
We went into the casino because it had started to rain and we needed to cash in our coupons to get our money. We sat down at the penny machines. I doubled up but Del lost his ten. We went into the gift shop and I saw this thing one of my coworkers had that I thought was really cool so I bought one and wanted to buy a couple of more because they are so fun but didn't because I really didn't have a purpose for them. Later I remembered that Danelle and Aimee's birthdays are coming up so I bought them both one the next day and that's why I'm not telling you what it is. I'll just show it to my family here when next I see them! Since it was still raining, we found a somewhat quiet spot and got out our books to read until it let up so we could head home.
Sunday morning we headed back up so that we could be there when they raffled off the 30 thousand dollar Victory touring bike because you had to be present to win, but of course we didn't win! We did however get to eat Indian fry bread for lunch which was so yummy and we went into a thrift shop in Camp Verde where I found a couple of vintage little bottles for my collection. So that was fun. As we were cruising around town we found an old windmill. Del has been taking pictures of windmills around the state because he wants to make a coffee table book. So, when we spotted the one pictured above, of course, we had to stop and take a picture.
However, the best thing about the weekend was every time we got on the bike I got to wrap my arms around my hubby to hang on for dear life. I also got to feel the wind in my face and the glorious feeling of freedom riding a motorcycle induces!! It was a really great weekend!
Monica xoxo




1 comment:
What a fun weekend! You guys are always having an adventure! Love the pics.
Post a Comment