Saturday, July 12, 2008

Summer Thunderstorms

Hey all, how are you? I am well! We had the missionaries over for dinner tonight which was a lot of fun. It was to hot and humid to cook so we had sub sandwiches, potato salad, fruit salad and chips for dinner and for dessert we had ice cream sandwiches. It was yummy! Last night we had a big thunderstorm/monsoon. The wind was blowing, the rain was pouring, and the thunder and lighting was ripping across the sky. Of course the boys went outside to play and get wet. I had to practically drag them inside and when I went down to my room they went outside again. It just reminded me of when I was a kid and we would all go running out to the park to get wet. Scott and Allen would pick up water logged birds who were to heavy to fly and had got blown out of the trees. All the while Mom would be yelling at us to get in the house because she was afraid we would get struck by lightning or be hit by a falling tree and be killed! Now I'm the Mom and it's my job to yell at my kids to get in the house because, I'm afraid they might get struck by lightning. Isn't it awful that we all must grow up and that we feel we have to give up some of those fun activities in the name of safety? I loved getting wet in the rain but, I don't do it any more. Sometimes I wish I could return to those carefree days. Don't you? xxoo M

2 comments:

Tobin and Trista Hale said...

lol yes! Carefree days...and no bills! :D I love having the missionaries over for dinner! Good times! See you Saturday! I'm so excited!

DS at the well said...

Woo-Hoo!!! Its Wednesday morning, I'm off work and my vacation has STARTED! I am so glad that you were not struck by lighting at a tender age cause I sure have enjoyed you all these blessed years!! And look now you are just as OLD AS MY MOTHER!!!! How did that happen? Hope you enjoy being Mother too. LOVE YOU mom