-
Monday, July 7, 2008
A Birthday Wish
Howdy all!! Hope you are all well. Today is my birthday. I am 36!! I don't feel any different than when I was 26 but, man that number sounds old! I was just wondering if you don't get cake with candles on your birthday do you still get a birthday wish? If I have my kids bake me a cake tomorrow will my wish be valid? I don't know it's not my birthday anymore. Do you find yourself wishing for the same things over and over again? I do. I guess it's time I took a more proactive stance regarding my wishes. If I really want them to come true are there things I can do to help? Probably!! Well on to the listing of what I did today (this is for you Aimee). I slept in until 9:30 which is when Danelle called to wish me happy birthday. Thanks Danelle. I read for a little while, and then Dad called and wished me happy birthday! Boy was I surprised. I love when I get to see Dad being thoughtful and loving since he often isn't. Then I talked to Mom and she invited me to go shopping YEAH! I was going to go hop in the shower because it was already almost 11:00am but then Aimee called. While talking to Aimee on my home phone my honey Husband called my cell but I ignored it because, Aimee you are that important to me! Then he called the house phone but, I ignored that too! Aimee and I wrapped up our conversation and we hung up. Then the phone rang, it was Del, he just kept letting it ring and ring wondering why the answering machine hadn't picked up(silly man). Also because I'm that important to him! Well I finally showered and got ready to go to mom's and then Morgan had to shower so by the time we were ready to it was 12:30pm and then Del walked in the door. We did finally leave and on the way to mom's we stopped at Ulta's so Morgan could get some "free" mascara. Of course I had to spend $12.00to get it for free. We actually got about $20.00 worth of products for $10.58 so I guess we did all right. We finally made it to mom's a little after 1pm. Dad gave m a big hug and he gave me a birthday present. It's a rocket and some engines. Wow, I was shocked but, I loved it. Thanks Dad. Mom took Morgan and I to Khol's and I got a new pair of shorts, a hat, an outdoor temp gauge, a pair of sunglasses, and a hat that I'm going to wear when I'm sitting on the beach at Bear Lake. Then we went to Sam's club to get some things for our very yummy dinner. While there I saw a big jar of jalapeno stuffed olives so I made mom get that to. Then on to Fry's for the rest of the ingredients. We had lettuce wraps and crab puffs mmmm! Morgan made these s'mores cookie things for dessert which were very tasty as well. Susie, Micah, Brian and Allen all came over so we had a good time. Brian gave me a 5 watt flashlight. It is very bright and will be perfect when we go camping. Thanks B. From my family I got a cute fish charm for my bracelet and a super fun blue genuine leather purse! Mervyn's is having really good clearance right now. It's all 75% off. So my $60.00 purse was only $15.00. Anyways we hung out at mom's for a while and then my kids decided to stay the night with Grandma so Del is anxiously waiting for me to be done so I guess I'd better wrap it up. Love you all. xxxooo M
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment